Text Size

No. 220 Squadron R.A.F.

• Gary
  • Gary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 6 months ago #1593 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: No. 220 Squadron R.A.F.
Updated

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #3882 by Tremic
Tremic replied the topic: No. 220 Squadron R.A.F.
Updated

More
8 years 3 months ago #3927 by ..u
..u replied the topic: No. 220 Squadron R.A.F.
Hello Members. I have only just joined your site so still finding my way around. My late father served with 220 Squadron. He was based at St. Eval, Lagens/Azores, Gibraltar, St Davids, and Waterbeach. He was Donald Taylor from Pontypool, South Wales and was a Flight Engineer. He served with a crew whose pilot's surname was Mallinson. Aircraft ZZ-E. I have a wonderful photograph of both air crew [sitting] and ground crew [standing] in front of their aircraft. My father finished as a Warrant Officer at Waterbeach, Cambridge. Can anyone recall him or his crew. David Taylor. [also 224 for a short time.]

More
8 years 3 months ago #3928 by Tremic
Tremic replied the topic: Re: No. 220 Squadron R.A.F.
Hello Taylor family

My father-in-law Flight Sgt Edward Kent was also a Flight Engineer with 220 squadron and also ended as Warrant Officer at Waterbeach. He served in all the places you mentioned around 1944-45 including the Azores from Sep 1944 - May 1945. We are seeing him tomorrow and will mention the names you have mentioned - if you want to upload one of the photographs you have I can show that to him and maybe he might recognise someone.

Cynthia

More
7 years 6 months ago #4232 by mark brumell
mark brumell replied the topic: No. 220 Squadron R.A.F.
Hi can anybody help ?,my father is James Fredrick Brumell, in ww2 he was rear gunner and engineer,his 220 squadron plane was named shangarni shower, are any other members off his crew still alive ? perhaps on this site ?if so it would be great to here from you. Regards his loving son mark

• DrWatkins
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • F/L Monty Watkins
More
5 years 1 month ago #4839 by DrWatkins
DrWatkins replied the topic: No. 220 Squadron R.A.F.
My father, Montague Watkins was Flight Lieutenant 153957 in RAF 220 Squadron.
Greatly appreciated if anyone can give me any leads to further information about my father.
Kind Regards
Dr Philip Watkins
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds