Text Size

Coastal Command on Facebook.

• TortyR
  • TortyR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #5700 by TortyR
TortyR created the topic: Coastal Command on Facebook.
Hi all,
Over the past few years i have been trying to track down details of my uncles time in the RAF during WW2.
I have now found a link to a Facebook page, which is all about coastal command. They have been very helpful.
So here is the link if anybody else needs to have a look.

www.facebook.com/Remembering-The-Kipper-...Two-340758036049791/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #5701 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Coastal Command on Facebook.
Thanks mate, I'm getting closer and closer to totally redoing this site. I've stepped back for so long now its been hard to get motivated again. But I've recently been posting on a couple of Facebook groups and there are some right muppets there. My main concern is that people will believe what these armchair historians postulate and believe them, this then changes history as it's repeated over and over.
I've seen so much stuff that's been regurgitaed from here all over facebook, pictures taken totally out of context with the wrong information.
People claiming to be the copyright holders of photos I was given 20+ years ago by the person who took them and the only place they existed was here.

I've got in to scale models and it's taken up all my spare time, I really enjoy it but I feel I owe this site, it's members and those who came before us a bit more than I am doing. What I need is a good team of like minded people to help publish and organise all the content I've got and is available out there.
Facebook is great but it's soulless and every man and his dog has an opinion and has access to Google, I miss proper research and like minded people. Matt Poole is still flying that flag, good on ya Matt, sadly we've virtually lost Robert Quirk so there's not many of us old school researchers left.

Rant over

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

• TortyR
  • TortyR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
4 months 1 week ago #5702 by TortyR
TortyR replied the topic: Coastal Command on Facebook.
Hi Gary,
Yes there are some "Armchair historians" out there, and it is sometimes hard to take it all in. The details i received from the Kipper Fleet page was quite accurate, as i had some of the information already, and they just verified it for me which was nice. They certainly were quite helpful.
You and Matt have been doing a great job with this forum, thank you both. I will endeavor to post more info on here as i find it, and hope it will help others like myself.
Regards Andy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds