Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Text Size

Pilot's daughter

More
9 years 6 months ago #1062 by brianj
brianj replied the topic: Pilot's daughter
Hi Val,
I had a quick look at some of the books I have about the RAF and in particular those which mention training and life in India at this time.
The only one which has a mention of pilot training in Canada is called "Flights into the Night" by L. Anthony Leicester and describes his time with 215 Squadron flying Wellington bombers.
Two others written by pilots which describe their time in India are "Survival of the Fortunate" by Johns McCredie who was an Australian with 99 Squadron and "A Trepid Aviator" by W.W. Frazer who was a Canadian who flew with 215 Squadron. Both the last two books I would highly recommend as they both tell it as it was, describing what it was actually like, flying and living in terrible conditions (there are plenty of humerous moments as well!). I am sure other contributers to the site will be able to suggest other books or articles for you.

You have not mentioned what your fathers name was, maybe someone has come across his name.

Once you find out which Squadron or units he served with you can concentrate your search more.

hope this helps

regards

Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds