Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Text Size

Hello - another newbie!

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #1192 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Re: Hello - another newbie!
Hi David
As well as a hard copy I also have a digital copy of the book that Matt speaks of, I'll send what's left of the association an email and see if they would be ok with me sending you a copy of it. In the mean time I'd be more than happy to send you any excerpts that main contain references to your father. When the 355/356 Squadron Association officially disbanded I was entrusted with copies of all of the Associations records, ORBs and the book etc. Although I've been somewhat lacking of late I am technically the main contact now for the records, I even have copies of all Mike Jones's research.
I'm going to be adding a Personal messaging system to this site in the next couple of days, you will then be able to click on another member's details and send them messages. If you haven't heard from me by this time next week send me a nudge.
Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Gary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bluey
  • Bluey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 6 months ago #1208 by Bluey
Bluey replied the topic: Re: Hello - another newbie!
Hi Gary
Happy New Year

Thankyou for the information and possible sight of 356's ORB's. What with Christmas and a new grandaughter I have missed this message despite quick visits to the site now and again!! I now realise I should have signed in....
Did you get my email with a few pictures of Glamour Girl and a couple of othe libs, one which had a bulldog as nose art? I am awaiting sight of my fathers's log book which I am sure will give me more information and I am still copying some more photos of the Cocos to send on - how would you like me to do that? Somewhere, so my mother tells me, we have some pictures of supply/leaflet drops to POW camps so will forward those on if and when we find them.
Regards
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds