The nine B-24Cs built (S/N 40-2378 to 40-2386) were originally ordered as Consolidated B-24A, but were modified on the production line. The original Pratt & Whitney R-1830-31 radials were replaced by R-1830-41 turbo-supercharged radials. The engine cowlings became elliptical after the addition of supercharger/intercooler air intakes on each side of the engine. The tail gunner's position was improved by adding an A-6 type power turret with twin .50-cal. machine guns. A Martin power turret was added to the top forward fuselage also.
The -C model Liberators were delivered to the Army Air Corps in December 1941 to February 1942 and served as test aircraft. Consolidated used them to gear up for full-scale production of the B-24D and the Air Corps used them for test and training. No B-24C was ever used in combat.
- Serial numbers: 40-2378 to 40-2386
Span: 110 ft. 0 in.
Length: 64 ft. 4 in.
Height: 18 ft. 0 in.
Weight: 53,700 lbs. max.
Armament: Eight .50-cal. and 8,800 lbs. of bombs
Engines: Four Pratt & Whitney R-1830-41supercharged radials of 1,200 hp. each (take-off power)
Maximum speed: 313 mph.
Cruising speed: 233 mph.
Range: 3,600 miles (max. ferry range); 2,100 miles w/ 5,000 lbs. bomb load
Service Ceiling: 34,000 ft.