Thursday, June 29, 2017
Text Size

TOPIC: Operations

Operations 8 years 3 months ago #1798

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Operations by Albert Cranthorne, 178 Squadron.
Navigators attend an early briefing. All important timings were given All Aircrew assembled at Main Briefing
Navigators attend an early briefing. All important timings were given All Aircrew assembled at Main Briefing
The Intelligence Officer warned of dangers The Met. Officer gave his best predictions Pins and tape were re-arranged!
The Intelligence Officer warned of dangers The Met. Officer gave his best predictions Pins and tape were re-arranged!
These pictures were drawn shortly after Albert arrived at 178 Squadron. They were drawn on wartime notepaper and are now badly faded. Albert has been able to restore them on the computer and they appear almost as good as new. They still capture the atmosphere of the time!
Read more...
'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Operations 2 years 9 months ago #4627

• JW
  • Fresh Boarder
My father's cousin, Peggie Willmott, married Ivor Matthews in 1940. Ivor became a Flt Eng on 178 Sqn. He perished with his crew in KH423 over Yugoslavia on 5 Nov 1944
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds