Monday, October 23, 2017
Text Size

TOPIC: John Roscholler, Pilot/Captain with 355 Squadron

John Roscholler, Pilot/Captain with 355 Squadron 5 years 5 months ago #1886

• Gary
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21

I was at Salbani from 1944 to 1945 initially as a second pilot and finished our tour (300 hours/30 trips) as the ‘skipper’. We were a normal sized Liberator crew of eleven consisting of four Australians (RAAF) and seven British ‘types’ (RAF).

We were accommodated in three separate huts with the erstwhile paddy fields. Suspect we were too busy and pre-occupied with the desire to survive to become involved in any problems which would generate arguments.

Read more...
'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
The administrator has disabled public write access.

John Roscholler, Pilot/Captain with 355 Squadron 5 years 4 months ago #1888

• Tremic
  • Researcher
Updated

Re: John Roscholler, Pilot/Captain with 355 Squadron 4 years 8 months ago #4139

• Adrian
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi

I was very interested to see this article. My father, Roy "Blue" Hill, was John's navigator during John's time as second pilot then Captain at 355 Squadron. According to dad's diary, they met on the morning of 14 August 14 1944, and crewed up on the morning of 25 August 1944. They obviously did all their Ops together, as dad's logbook lists the same 300 hours / 30 Ops as John! They remained good friends and kept in close touch after the war, even going to a 355 Squadron reunion once in the 1980's (I think it was in the '80's?)

Dad passed away a couple of years ago, so it was great to see his old skipper and friend's write-up :)

Cheers
Adrian Hill
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds