Tuesday, December 18, 2018
Text Size

224 Squadron personnel 1942 & 1943

More
1 year 2 months ago #5542 by GrahamB
GrahamB created the topic: 224 Squadron personnel 1942 & 1943
Hi,
My father Stanley Bennett served with 224 Squadron during the war and I recently scanned some of the photos of him with his colleagues. Unfortunately I don't have any names to go with the faces, but perhaps some of you may recognise a familiar face or two. As far as I can deduce, the first photo was taken in 1942 at RAF Beaulieu (my father is third from the left) and the other three photos in 1943 at RAF St. Eval. I hope this is helpful.
Regards, Graham
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #5544 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: 224 Squadron personnel 1942 & 1943
Fantastic, thank you Graham.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
2 months 1 week ago #5640 by TortyR
TortyR replied the topic: 224 Squadron personnel 1942 & 1943
Hi Graham, my uncle was with 220 squadron at St Eval and then on to the azores about the same time as your father. He has just turned 92 years old. He was a rear gunner on the Liberators. His F/O was a canadian named Shaak. My uncle is Sgt Frank Rogers. I have been trying to find info on the 220 squadron for him, but i'm not having a lot of luck.

Regards Andy.

More
2 months 1 week ago #5641 by GrahamB
GrahamB replied the topic: 224 Squadron personnel 1942 & 1943
Hi Andy, Sounds like we're on a similar quest, although my father was with 224 Squadron. Unfortunately I can't provide any more information on St Eval and my father died some time ago. Hopefully someone else will find these posts and respond. Good luck with your search.
Regards, Graham
The following user(s) said Thank You: TortyR

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds