Wednesday, November 14, 2018
Text Size

Kirkness memoir - query for Matt Poole

More
1 year 6 days ago #5562 by Smith 565
Smith 565 created the topic: Kirkness memoir - query for Matt Poole
Hi Matt,

I didn't want to clutter up the existing tread in which you mentioned the memoir you were working on, so have started this.

Is there any update from your publisher yet? I'm looking forward to increasing my library....

All the best,

Geoff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 days ago - 11 months 2 weeks ago #5564 by Matt_Poole
Matt_Poole replied the topic: Kirkness memoir - query for Matt Poole
Hi, Geoff,

Yes, it has JUST been released -- but so far the hardcopy version is only for sale from the UK. Not a problem for anyone who wants to buy it with free international shipping. Details below. The title is RAF Liberators Over Burma, with a subtitle Flying with 159 Squadron. Authorship is officially Bill Kirkness DFM and Matt Poole -- though some booksellers are still showing an earlier voided cover that reads "with Matt Poole".

The Kindle version is available on Amazon sites. Here in the US, on amazon.com, I can click on the cover photo below the text "Look inside" to see a sampling of text, and the chapter layout, and all 53 photos. Try this to peek: www.amazon.com/RAF-Liberators-Over-Burma...&keywords=matt+poole .

There are links to other countries' Amazon sites at the bottom of any amazon.co.uk page...and then just search on "Matt Poole" to get to the book page. Note, though, that the hardcopy book is not available from all Amazon sites yet.

The publisher, Fonthill Media, offers the hardcopy book for sale (with fast delivery, customers have told me) on their website: fonthillmedia.com/RAF-Liberators-Over-Bu...ng-With-159-Squadron . On amazon.co.uk the hardcopy book is available, and also you can get it cheaper than the Amazon price by clicking on the "NEW" text found on the book's page.

But for those outside of the UK, maybe the best site yet is bookdepository.com, because not only is the book price excellent, but also there is NO SHIPPING FEE INTERNATIONALLY, or nationally, for that matter:

www.bookdepository.com/RAF-Liberators…/9781781556566

When you click on this bookseller site, at upper right you'll see that you can choose from among some, not all, currencies -- including UK pounds, US dollars, and Aussie dollars. Choose pounds and then compare the total price to the prices found for booksellers on www.amazon.co.uk . Or, if you're outside of the UK, choose your own currency, if it is an option, to get a feel for how much the purchase would cost in numbers you understand.

Attached is the front cover for your interest...the final cover, with the "and Matt Poole" authorship.

Thanks for your interest, Geoff. I don't think you will be disappointed!

Cheers,

Matt
Attachments:
Last Edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by Matt_Poole.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brianj, oibert

More
1 year 2 days ago #5568 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Kirkness memoir - query for Matt Poole
Hey Matt, how do I go about getting a signed copy then old buddy? :)

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

More
1 year 2 days ago #5569 by brianj
brianj replied the topic: Kirkness memoir - query for Matt Poole
Great work Matt - the book is on my Christmas list (if I can wait that long)
Brian

More
1 year 2 days ago #5570 by Matt_Poole
Matt_Poole replied the topic: Kirkness memoir - query for Matt Poole
Gary, I'll have to sign something to mail you which can be inserted in the book. Things like that can get lost easily, so possibly a signed address label that would fit on the title page somewhere might work. Then you can attach it to the page and it wouldn't be lost...until the glue dries up and one of your grandkids, willed the book by the late Gary Fowkes, opens it up to read about ancient history...and the paper falls out.

Brian, there's a new international holiday called Pre-Christmas, celebrated the day the book arrives. It would allow you to start reading as soon as you like, once the book is in your hands.

Thanks for the support, boys!

More
1 year 2 days ago #5571 by brianj
brianj replied the topic: Kirkness memoir - query for Matt Poole
Matt,
I have been looking at some of the photos in your book (on Amazon). And noticed one of them was the ground crew taken against the “Algy” Liberator. I have a similar photo (which is on this site) which belonged to my father. So I assume my father must have known some of the crew, possibly when he was stationed at Digri or Dhubalia.
Regards
Brian

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds