Wednesday, December 12, 2018
Text Size

B24 & Squadron Photo's ???

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #4622 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: B24 & Squadron Photo's ???
Welcome to the site Jerry, thanks for the info, I'd be keen to see and use the photo if you got a good copy?
Whereabouts in NZ are you? I'm in the Waikato.

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Gary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #4623 by JW
JW replied the topic: B24 & Squadron Photo's ???
Hi Gary - I'm in Wellington. I have 30+ scanned photos of 120 Sqn in Iceland & Ballykelly, including 'that' photo, plus some of U boat attacks and the Uboat surrender. How do I get them on the site - email to you?

They're fairly high-res 1 to 2MB each.

More
4 years 2 months ago #4624 by Stu
Stu replied the topic: B24 & Squadron Photo's ???
Hi Jerry,

Thats interesting Jerry thanks for the info. Thing is I have no idea where these photo's have come from, along with them are photo's of what I thought was a convoy, but on researching them I discovered they were U-boats under surrender as well as U-boats side by side in Ireland.

More
4 years 2 months ago #4625 by JW
JW replied the topic: B24 & Squadron Photo's ???
Prepare for a photo onslaught, then ... I know some of the provenance of the photos. If you have ranks of Uboats, it's probably Londonderry Harbour. My Mum was there as well (WAAF driver), and I have some photos on board the boats ...

More
4 years 2 months ago #4626 by Stu
Stu replied the topic: B24 & Squadron Photo's ???
Its good to know the history of these at last. I will have to upload the other photo's I have to see if they are same of different to what you have. Look forward to seeing your photo's.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds