• okane
  • okane's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #3964 by okane
okane created the topic: RCAF - F/L Victor Charles Aylett 200 Squadron
Good Day to you all.. Very interesting site

Came across this site solely by chance, searching for liberator tail numbers and squadron. Researching my late Father in Law who joined the RCAF in January of 1941 discharged September 1945. Flight training in St Eugene Ontario, Summerside PEI and Trenton, Ontario. Became an flying instructor in June of 1941 and served in Aylmer as an instructor until June 1944.

He began training in Nassau in the Bahamas starting with the Mitchell, Ansons and then the Liberator. In January 1945 he was assigned to 200 Squadron in Jessore India. Eventually flying Liberators into I think Burma.

He was also with 8th Squadron in Ceylon (Shri Lanka)

I have his log book and certifications complete from 1941 to 1945. His log book lists Liberator KG992, KG912, KH144, KG990, KG142, KG144 and KH127.

It has been 10 years since he passed away and with his logs I am trying to recreate his flight from Dorval to Jessore India and find out about the missions he flew while with 200 Squadron.

KG992 flown on DUTY Ferret 20 and Panda 8 (D.C.O.)
KG912 flown on DUTY Ferret 32 (D.C.O.)
KH144 flown on DUTY Wineglass 5 and Ferret 25 (D.C.O.)
KG990 flown on DUTY Hyena Red 1 (D.C.O.)

Got loads of pictures (Not Many of a Lib except one with a Roo painted on the nose ), log book, paraphernalia, Medals, Ribbons, Gurka knife, machete, and tool box from a Liberator.

Interesting site so thought I would contribute something about this amazing man who talked little about his experiences.

Owen
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by okane. Reason: Addition

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #3965 by Gary
Gary replied the topic: Re: RCAF - F/L Victor Charles Aylett 200 Squadron
Hey Owen, welcome to our small corner of the web.
We've been here for over 12 years now and have been slowly plodding along. It's always good to see new blood, feel free to join in any of the discussions etc.
I'm fairly certain that I don't have anything on 200 Squadron so anything you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
I did have some photos and other items from Nassau they were from 111 OTU, they should be on the site somewhere in the photos (or on the list of things that need to get added).
Cheers
Gary

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds